Part 1: Program Information
Agencies may complete one template for all programs, or a separate template that addresses each program being reviewed under this section. Provide responses in the boxes located in the Service Narrative template.
Agencies being accredited for the first time: Please provide information for the last year.
Agencies being reaccredited: Please provide information for the period since the last accreditation review.
1. Describe any significant changes, challenges, awards received, changes in funding, or obstacles faced by the agency.
2. Provide an overview of the different program(s) being accredited under this section. The overview should describe:
3. If service components are provided to persons and families through contract in cooperation with other agencies or through a formal, coordinated service delivery system provide a list that identifies the providers and the services for which they are responsible. Do not include services provided by referral.
4. Provide any other information your agency would like the peer review team to know about these programs.
Part 2: Program Outputs and Outcomes
Provide a response in each box describing how the program is making progress toward achieving its aims, and achieving better results for participants.
1. A summary of where the agency is in the development of its program for measuring program quality and outcomes, specific to the service.
2. A list or description of program outputs and desired outcomes and any outputs and outcomes being measured including measurement tools used. Note: Program outputs may include consumer satisfaction, number of clients served, number of visits, timeliness of assessments, etc.
3. An overview of the agency's process for analyzing data.
4. Examples of program improvements made based on the outcomes data.
Fundamental Practice Standards: