The Service Delivery Administration Narrative should provide an overview of key practices that contribute to the performance and productivity of your agency. The Narrative supports, but should not duplicate, evidence provided elsewhere in your self-study.
The Public Agency Administrative and Service Environment Service Delivery Administration Narrative should provide the Peer Review Team with a clear, concise description of how your administrative and service environments contribute to your agency’s productivity and effective service delivery.
Purpose Standard: Public Agency Administrative and Service Environment (PA-ASE)
The agency’s administrative and service environments are respectful, caring, safe, and accessible, and contribute to agency productivity and effective service delivery.
Provide responses to the following questions that address your agency’s achievement of the Public Agency Administrative and Service Environment Purpose Standard. Highlight applicable obstacles and innovations, if any, in each of your responses.
1. Describe the overall environment in which your agency operates and any environment-related security or emergency preparedness issues that may impact your agency.
(e.g., Our agency opened a new shelter three years ago in a more centralized location that was more accessible to the majority of our service population. However, the neighborhood has been identified as a high crime area with an increase in vandalism and break-ins over the past ten years. Since starting operations in the new location, our agency has taken the following precautions to ensure the safety of our personnel and service recipients…)
2. Cite 2-3 examples of activities or decisions that your agency has undertaken which contributed to the health and safety of persons served, personnel, and visitors.
(e.g., Over the past 12 months our agency has designed and implemented an extensive training program to ensure that all current and incoming staff receive comprehensive training on how to respond to medical threats and emergencies. As part of this program, we have scheduled training sessions on …)
3. Cite 2-3 examples of your agency’s efforts to coordinate with community resources, or otherwise adapt its services, to ensure that its facilities are accessible to its identified service population.
(e.g., Our agency continuously reassesses the accessibility of our facilities to guarantee that we are meeting the needs of our service recipients. Most recently we have partnered with the local public transportation system to create an additional bus stop in front of our program site so that service recipients can better access…)
4. Describe how regular safety inspections and maintenance reports are incorporated into your agency’s risk prevention and management reviews and how the results of these reports are integrated into its PQI activities.
(e.g., The Agency Head informed the appropriate authority about actions taken to resolve persistent flooding of the basement at the Southside Day Treatment Program site, and the PQI committee has begun strategizing about methods for improving…)
5. Provide any additional information that would increase the Peer Team’s understanding of how your agency creates a safe and respectful environment that contributes to productivity and effective service delivery.
Agencies being accredited for the first time: Please provide information for the last two years.
Agencies being reaccredited: Please provide information for the period since the last accreditation review.
Fundamental Practice Standards: