PA-DDS 9: Residential Services
The agency protects the rights, and provides for the comfort of individuals using residential services.
NA The agency does not provide residential services.
The agency provides a living environment that:
- is home-like;
- provides the individual the opportunity to design or personalize his or her space;
- respects the person's right to privacy; and
- provides the individual with enough space to spend time alone.
Individuals receiving residential services have the opportunity to visit and receive visits from family
and friends, and the agency assists with travel arrangements, as necessary.
Individuals receiving residential services have the right to make private telephone calls at any time.
Interpretation: Any restrictions on the right to make private phone calls are:
- based on contraindications in the service plan;
- approved in advance by the program director or an appropriate designee;
- documented in the case record; and
- reauthorized weekly by the immediate supervisor of the direct support provider.
Individual are free to express and practice their religious or spiritual beliefs, and the agency provides:
- appropriate opportunities for religious or spiritual practice; and
- support, including transportation and schedule adjustments, as necessary.