Planning for case closing:
- is a clearly defined process that includes assignment of staff responsibility;
- begins at intake; and
- involves the worker, youth, a parent or legal guardian, and others as appropriate.
Upon case closing, the agency notifies any collaborating service providers, including the courts, as appropriate.
When a person's third-party benefits or payments end, the agency determines its responsibility to provide services until appropriate arrangements are made and, if termination
or withdrawal of service is probable due to non-payment, the agency works with the youth or family
to identify other service options.
The agency must determine on a case
-by-case basis its responsibility to continue providing services to persons whose third-party benefits have ended and who are in critical situations.
NA The agency does not receive third-party benefits or payments for service.
If an individual is asked to leave the program
the agency makes every effort to link the person with appropriate services
As a continuing resource for information, crisis management, referral, and support, the agency provides youth transitioning to independence with:
- a transition plan summary including the individual’s options;
- a list of emergency and contact persons, and
- the agency’s contact information.
NA The agency does not serve youth transitioning to independence.
The agency identifies counseling, mentoring, institutional, business, and information resources in the community that can promote positive ties to the community, networking and leadership opportunities, and readiness to assume responsibility for:
- activities of daily living;
- use of community resources;
- serving as a resource to the community; and
- effective interpersonal communication and conflict resolution.
The agency that has an interagency agreement that does not include aftercare planning or follow-up:
- conducts a formal case closing evaluation and assessment of unmet needs; and
- informs the collaborating agency of the findings, in writing, as appropriate to the agreement and with the permission of the individual or a legal guardian.
NA The agency does not have a relevant agreement.