PA-OS 5: Drop-In Centers for the Homeless
Drop-in centers for the homeless provide basic services in a safe, supportive, minimally-intrusive environment.
Drop-in centers are fixed-site programs
, located in areas where they can be easily accessed by homeless individuals.
NA The agency does not provide a drop-in center for the homeless.
The social environment of a drop-in center is non-threatening and welcoming, fosters trust, and promotes engagement.
Drop-in centers provide:
- comfortable seating;
- food or snacks;
- a telephone;
- clothing; and
- bathroom facilities with showers.
Drop-in centers provide, directly or by referral:
- crisis intervention;
- information and referral; and
- access to medical services.
Written expulsion policies and procedures:
- are clear and simple, avoiding overly rigid and bureaucratic rules;
- require that all reasonable efforts are made to provide an appropriate referral;
- are posted or otherwise provided to individuals using the service;
- describe reasons or conditions for being expelled;
- describe due process provisions; and
- describe the conditions or process for re-admission to the facility.