PA-PQI 6: Staff and Stakeholder Support*
Staff and stakeholders
receive information and support that increases their capacity to participate in, conduct, and sustain performance and quality improvement activities.
For networks, PA-PQI 6 applies to staff members of subcontracting agencies and independent practitioners providing network services, as well as staff employed by the network’s managing entity.
Information about the agency's PQI program is provided to stakeholders that:
- describes the agency's PQI philosophy;
- explains how PQI is structured;
- defines stakeholders and how they participate in the PQI process; and
- includes a brief summary description of what the agency is measuring.
Information may be tailored to the unique needs of the stakeholder, e.g., funders, persons and families, advisory committee members, etc. Information may be provided via agency's website, in an information packet or brochure, or other means.
PQI training for personnel includes:
- an overview of the agency's PQI program at new staff orientation; and
- specialized and/or ongoing training, as appropriate to individual roles and responsibilities.
can include issues such as how to input data into the data management
system, how to aggregate and analyze data, how to use data collection forms, related confidentiality
issues, and how to use data to improve performance.
Senior managers, and department and program heads:
- include PQI relevant short and long-term goals in their work plans; and
- keep PQI on the agenda of staff meetings.