The Administration and Management Narrative should provide an overview of key practices that contribute to the performance and productivity of your organization. The Narrative supports, but should not duplicate, evidence provided elsewhere in your self-study.
The Governance Administration and Management Narrative should provide the Peer Review Team with a clear, concise description of how your governing body (Board of Trustees, Advisory Group, etc.) helps to shape, advance and sustain your organizationís mission and strategic goals.
Purpose Standard: Governance (GOV)
Sound governance increases the organizationís viability and sustainability.
Provide responses to the following questions that address your organizationís achievement of the Governance Purpose Standard. Highlight applicable obstacles and innovations, if any, in each of your responses.
1. Describe the activities of your governing body that contribute to effective governance. Include or discuss:
(e.g., Our organization merged with another entity three years ago; the two boards were combined into one, and an equal number of representatives from each entity were included on the merged board with special attention to including representation from cultural groupsÖ)
2. Cite 2-3 examples of activities or decisions that your governing body has undertaken which contributed to your organizationís growth and development.
(e.g., The board approved plans to acquire additional space to expand its counseling servicesÖ)
3. Identify a part of your strategic plan that has been:
(e.g., Due to recent funding cuts at the State level in residential treatment services, we have been exploring new resources and diversification strategies in order to meet our strategic goal of expanding our services to one of the underserved populations in our communityÖ)
4. Describe the data available to the governing body, and how it is used for setting strategic direction. Specify any significant political, regulatory, cultural or economic changes that have impacted the organizationís direction and/or ability to fulfill its mission.
(e.g., We provide the board with a monthly report indicating changes in our staff so that the board can better review budget issues regarding in-service training and compensationÖ)
5. Describe how your governing body and CEO/Executive Director work together to strengthen your organizationís capacity to meet its mission.
(e.g., Our CEO meets with the board chair regularly between board meetings to strategize about developing governance initiativesÖ)
6. Provide any additional information about your organizationís governing body that would increase the Peer Teamís understanding of how the governance practice(s) increases the organizationís viability and sustainability.
Organizations being accredited for the first time: Please provide information for the last year.
Organizations being reaccredited: Please provide information for the period since the last accreditation review.
Fundamental Practice Standards: