The Service Delivery Administration Narrative should provide an overview of key practices that contribute to the performance and productivity of your organization. The Narrative supports, but should not duplicate, evidence provided elsewhere in your self-study.
The Administrative and Service Environment Service Delivery Administration Narrative should provide the Peer Review Team with a clear, concise description of how your administrative and service environments contribute to your organizationís productivity and effective service delivery.
Purpose Standard: Administrative and Service Environment (ASE)
The organizationís administrative and service environments are respectful, caring, safe, and accessible, and contribute to organizational productivity and effective service delivery.
Provide responses to the following questions that address your organizationís achievement of the Administrative and Service Environment Purpose Standard. Highlight applicable obstacles and innovations, if any, in each of your responses.
1. Describe the overall environment in which your organization operates and any environment-related security or emergency preparedness issues that may impact your organization.
(e.g., Our organization opened a new shelter three years ago in a more centralized location that was more accessible to the majority of our service population. However, the neighborhood has been identified as a high crime area with an increase in vandalism and break-ins over the past ten years. Since starting operations in the new location, our organization has taken the following precautions to ensure the safety of our personnel and service recipientsÖ)
2. Cite 2-3 examples of activities or decisions that your organization has undertaken that contributed to the health and safety of persons served, personnel, and visitors.
(e.g., Over the past 12 months our organization has designed and implemented an extensive training program to ensure that all current and incoming staff receive comprehensive training on how to respond to medical threats and emergencies. As part of this program, we have scheduled training sessions on Ö)
3. Cite 2-3 examples of your organizationís efforts to coordinate with community resources, or otherwise adapt its services, to ensure that its facilities are accessible to its identified service population.
(e.g., Our organization continuously reassesses the accessibility of our facilities to guarantee that we are meeting the needs of our service recipients. Most recently we have partnered with the local public transportation system to create an additional bus stop in front of our program site so that service recipients can better accessÖ)
4. Describe how regular safety inspections and maintenance reports are incorporated into your organizationís risk prevention and management reviews and how the results of these reports are integrated into its PQI activities.
(e.g., The CEO informed the Board about actions taken to resolve persistent flooding of the basement at the Southside Day Treatment Program site, and the PQI committee has begun strategizing about methods for improvingÖ)
5. Provide any additional information that would increase the Peer Teamís understanding of how your organization creates a safe and respectful environment that contributes to organizational productivity and effective service delivery.
Organizations being accredited for the first time: Please provide information for the last year.
Organizations being reaccredited: Please provide information for the period since the last accreditation review.
Fundamental Practice Standards: