RC 9: Short Term Residential Respite and Crisis Nursery Services
Facilities and services
are designed to meet the needs of care recipients that require a short term stay in a residential respite or crisis nursery program
NA The organization does not provide residential respite or crisis nursery services.
provide care recipients with predictability and structure by establishing daily routines and rules developed with care recipients and their caregivers.
Care recipients are offered an organized daily program of age and developmentally appropriate social, recreational, educational, and therapeutic activities.
The organization and the caregiver plan for continuation of educational services for children and youth, and the organization coordinates educational services with relevant school districts.
- sufficient supplies and equipment to meet the needs of care recipients;
- space and equipment for housekeeping, laundry, maintenance, and storage;
- rooms for providing on-site services, as applicable;
- at least one room suitably furnished for the use of on-duty personnel and space for administrative support functions; and
- private sleeping accommodations for personnel who sleep at the facility, if applicable.
The facility accommodates informal gatherings of care recipients, including places to gather in inclement weather.