RPM 10: Quality Monitoring of Purchased Services*
The organization monitors and evaluates the quality
of social and human services
purchased from other provider organizations.
For networks, RPM 10 applies to services
purchased from all service providers, including owner and partner organizations, and individual practitioners, if applicable.
NA The organization does not purchase social and human services from other organizations.
Contractors who provide human or social services:
- have sufficient human and financial resources to fulfill the terms of the contract; and
- are licensed or otherwise legally authorized to provide the contracted services.
The organization routinely monitors contractor progress toward fulfilling the terms of the contract.
Contracts for social and human services include:
- service quality, client satisfaction, and outcomes that accord with the organizationís expectations;
- criteria for evaluating vendor performance; and
- protocols for routine communication of related data.
When areas of concern are identified, the organization:
- develops an improvement plan in conjunction with the contractor; and
- ensures contractor follow-up and remediation.