PQI 5: Use and Communication of Quality Information to Make Improvements*
Staff should be mindful of confidentiality
issues when preparing reports.
- reviews results;
- identifies areas of needed improvement;
- implements and evaluates improvements on a small or broad scale;
- modifies implemented improvements as needed; and
- keeps staff informed and involved throughout the cycle.
Senior managers regularly review and discuss PQI reports to:
- identify areas of needed improvement;
- set improvement activity priorities; and
- manage their operations and programs.
Internal and external stakeholders review performance data and outcomes results in order to:
- identify strengths and areas of positive practice; and
- provide feedback about areas of needed improvement.
The organization’s leadership
, including board or advisory members, and PQI personnel communicate with staff and stakeholders about achievements relative to desired outcomes, indicators
, and benchmarks