EAP 7: Service Planning and Monitoring
participates in the development and ongoing review of a service plan
that is the basis for delivery of appropriate services
A service plan is developed with the full participation of the client within an appropriate time frame.
is conducted so that the client retains as much personal responsibility and self-determination as possible and desired.
During the service planning process the EAP explains:
- available options;
- how the EAP can support the achievement of desired outcomes; and
- the benefits, alternatives, and risks or consequences of planned services.
Each case is reviewed quarterly during case consultation to assess:
- service plan implementation;
- progress toward achieving service goals and desired outcomes; and
- the continuing appropriateness of the service goals.
Regular, documented reviews of progress toward achievement of goals, and revisions to service goals or plans, are made in collaboration with the client.
Experienced workers may conduct reviews of their own cases. In such cases, the worker's supervisor reviews a sample
of the worker's evaluations
as per the requirements of the standard. Timeframes for review should be adjusted depending upon: issues and needs of persons receiving services; and frequency and intensity of services provided.